Hi, my name is Andrew. My last name is Kurjata, which is Eastern European (likely Polish) in origin. It’s pronounced “ker •ya •ta”. For future reference, please bookmark this page.
I live in the traditional territory of the Llheidli T’enneh, aka Prince George, British Columbia, Canada.I make radio, play dodgeball and road hockey, bike to work, and have a lot of pets.
I’m fascinated by the way we think about and interact with the world, the future of our culture, and strong storytelling. I’m also pretty good at using the internet.
- Host, Daybreak North (CBC Radio), Prince George
- Associate Producer, Daybreak North (CBC Radio), Prince George
- Researcher, CBC Radio, Prince George
- Station Manger, CFUR Radio, Prince George
- Auxiliary, B.C. Ministry of Tourism, Culture and the Arts, Victoria
- Legislative Intern, B.C. Government, Victoria
- Research Assistant, University of Northern British Columbia (Political Science), Prince George
- Editor-in-Chief, News Editor, Features and Opinions Editor, Over the Edge, Prince George
- ESL Instructor, TDM Language College, Wuhan (China)
- Writing and Study Skills Tutor, University of Northern British Columbia Learning Skills Centre, Prince George
- Eliminator, Winton Global Sawmill, Prince George
- Marketing Assistant, Innovation Resource Centre, Prince George
- Server/Host, Unnamed Restaurants and Cafés, Prince George
- President, CFUR Radio Society
- Board Member, Prince George Folkfest Society (Coldsnap Music Festival)
- Board Member, Ferrets North and Information Rescue Society
- Board Member (past), Prince George Crimestoppers
- BA, Political Science & International Studies, University of Northern British Columbia, Prince George
About My Blog
My blog has gone through a number of iterations (which you can read about here), but at this point it’s mostly longer-form original/semi-original thoughts with a focus on radio, music, technology, bikes, citizenship and the city of Prince George. Start with some of my favourites, browse the archives, and if you like what you read, subscribe. Please note that all opinions are my own and are subject to change, as per this disclaimer.
AndrewKurjata.ca is hosted by Bluehost (I used to use NearlyFreeSpeech.net and would still recommend it for smaller sites). Namecheap is my registrar, and it runs a very modified version of the DePo Skinny theme on WordPress. The font is Open Sans.
Super Bonus Tumblr Blog!
I’m @akurjata on Twitter.
AndrewKurjata.ca (main blog)
Andrew Kurjata’s Super Bonus Tumblr Blog
Blanket Disclaimers and Copyright
I appreciate it if you follow the email charter. Put the topic in the subject line!
- I take personal email at andrew [at] kurjata.ca and work email at andrew.kurjata [at] cbc.ca
- I’m on Twitter at @akurjata (mentions go to my cellphone)
- My work info can be found at cbc.ca/daybreaknorth/contact
- Elsewhere, my username is usually akurjata. This includes Flickr, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Foursquare, Svpply, Instagram, and various music services, but not Google+ or Quora.
/ my homepage, obviously, is AndrewKurjata.ca
/about has my bio. It’s probably out of date by now. And my resume, also likely out of date.
/articles is my blog filtered down just to long-form/original posts (no statuses or asides).
/blog is my blog. The above, with some other stuff.
/bonus is my Tumblr. Links, photos, other things I find interesting.
/contact has information about how to email me, and where to find me on various social websites.
/disclaimer exists because you have to play it safe.
/faq Answers to questions you probably don’t have.
/copyright has copyright information about this blog.
/hi used to be my little landing page, but I decided to switch it to my blog. I still like this, though.
/pgtransitalerts acts as the homepage for my Prince George transit alerts project. Right now it just redirects to my blog post about it, but that may change.
/radio a place where I attempt to consolidate at least some of my work for CBC.
/selected selected writing, radio pieces, and other stuff I’d like to highlight.
/subscribe has information about how to subscribe to my blog, including a filter to subscribe only to posts about Prince George. Of course, you could probably figure that out, anyways.
You can browse the bonus Tumblr archives here.
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009